Monday, July 25, 2011

First Listen.

Which feels impossible. I'm horrible when it comes to actually listening. I'm not sure why. B would look at the family tree. No one is pointing fingers though. It's pretty serious when every day feels like an uphill battle and all you do is daydream about is jumping into a mountain swimming hole while you drone it up at work. That's right, I said it. Drone it up. Just another worker bee on the fringe. Friday was helpful, to go out with J and R. Relax a little bit and not fuss over the details. Or worry what the significant other may be up to, or being afraid of getting in trouble with them. I use that term loosely. Getting in trouble, but I think anyone with a pulse and has had any kind of experience with any kind of relationship can testify. I even thought I looked pretty. Actually, all three of us gals looked beautiful. Congratulations to me though for not sucking down shots. Mainly because I was worried about falling and showing my rear to the Knoxville area. S and I were talking about how much we missed The Underground last week, and it made me miss it even more when we didn't go dancing. That's okay. I wore a lot of white tanks and saggy shorts when I was in Underground mode. Never a dress and sweet heels. That's okay though. Who made who? I made me. Not in that all knowing sense, but I made me dress up. That's right. I'm the gal making decisions around here. Not the man behind the curtain.


Back to Friday, it was uber relaxing. Maybe because school isn't in and I was surrounded by mainly people our age. I wasn't measuring up to any gal at Half-Barrel. Which I suggest you avoid, unless you know, you might be under 25. That's a past experience, but hand in hand, it sure fits right in.





B told me great news concerning our future. Which has been a bit of a confidence builder this morning. Yay!

Saturday. B and I hiked Rainbow Falls and it was beautiful. Except it was hot as the devil's rear end outside. It was a moderately difficult trail, but worth it. Lots of waterfalls, as expected, unbelievable ferns, welcoming moss along the forest floor. And, LOTS of mushrooms. The Smurf's never had it so good, let me tell ya. We started late but with the summer months it isn't as damning to start so late in the day. Plenty of daylight, but what you always need is plenty of water. I sweated like a dude on Saturday, partly due to the fact I had alcohol pouring out of my pores also. I felt like a pro, partying it up Friday night and then going out on a long hike the next day.

But, I'm uber tired today. I had nightmares and trouble falling asleep, but mainly trouble staying asleep. I also got into reading a book about grief and I guess that was the answer to all that multiplies anxiety. Greeting me not to sleep so well? Who knows, but I had a great weekend and it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment