Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blame the Momentum...

Look, it's not that I don't care about things that are directly going on around me, I mean, I care about politics, my earth, war, world hunger, the homeless.....



Here's the feather in my hat and I called it macaroni, I could care less about so and so with what fashion disaster took place yesterday. And, it's wonderful to be kind, but if you have to air it out, you may have well not have done it......


Are you familiar with Charles Bukowski?

So You Want To Be A Writer?

if it doesn't come bursting out of you

in spite of everything,

don't do it.

unless it comes unasked out of your

heart and your mind and your mouth

and your gut,

don't do it.

if you have to sit for hours

staring at your computer screen

or hunched over your

typewriter

searching for words,

don't do it.

if you're doing it for money or

fame,

don't do it.

if you re doing it because you want

women in your bed,

don't do it.

if you have to sit there and

rewrite it again and again,

don't do it.

if it's hard work just thinking about doing it,

don't do it.

if you're trying to write like somebody

else,

forget about it.

if you have to wait for it to roar out of

you,

then wait patiently.

if it never does roar out of you,

do something else.

if you first have to read it to your wife

or your girlfriend or boyfriend

or your parents or to anybody at all,

you're not ready.

don't be like so many writers,

don't be like so many thousands of

people who call themselves writers,

don't be so dull and boring and

pretentious, don't be consumed with self-

love.

the libraries of the world have

yawned themselves to

sleep

over your kind.

don't add to that.

don't do it.

unless it comes out of

your soul like a rocket,

unless being still would

drive you to madness or

suicide or murder,

don't do it.

unless the sun inside you is

burning your gut,

don't do it.

when it is truly time,

and you have been chosen,

it will do it by

itself and it will keep on doing it

until you die or it dies in you.

there is no other way

and there never was.

Landa and I watched The Passion last night, we sobbed the entire time, for the suffering. For the heartbreak. It made me thankful.

It made me thankful for the fact, I haven't ever been beaten to the point of death.

It got me right in the gut. It made me think of the times I have been in pain. Of the fact, I wasn't ever alone. Of the truth, I will never know the pain The Son of God had to live through.


The moments of Satan, like the beginning of the movie when Jesus is praying in the garden, got me loosey goosey. Satan is such a tempter. Always underfoot.


When Jesus asks if this cup can be passed from me......
We know those times. All too well.
Why are thing happening like this? Why can't it all work out? Where is the answer?
We have to wait. We have to pray. We have to hold fast.



We also know the times where you shake and tremble so hard, it's not from excitement, or caffeine, it's from fear, or captivity.....



I looked up at the moon last night, walkin' into the house. I sat on a stump in the yard.
The grass was wet. It was kinda chilly. The full moon is on it's way. Maybe 2 to 2 1/2 weeks out?
Longer. It's longer. Be ready.



Isn't it funny how things tie into each other?



This time of year, I think about my papaw. It's soon. His birthday. I miss him.
Easter is next Sunday!!!! I am so excited!!!! Holy week, is this coming week?
Sunrise service is next Sunday. I love everything about Easter. The story. The absolute truth.
The amazing rebirth. The change that happens during this time.



I want to wrap myself in it like a cocoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment