Sunday, July 26, 2009

Peace Offering

I believe, will be offered soon. Why? I don't even know. I am not even really sure why I feel this way, and I as I opened to post a subject line, this is what my brain told my hands and fingers to type. What kind of peace offering? Hopefully it's someone I have uncomfortable juju with.
(Maybe its for me to have peace with myself.....)

Lots to cover today. I will start with yesterday. Pretty day. Not much farm work done, due to the fact we hit a snag. That's okay though, it will get done. I need it done. Small ball of anxiety in my belly today. I really, really feel like something is about to rock my face off. I do. I feel the hot coals under my feet. Which, is awesome. I cant wait to not be able to believe the turn of events.

Isn't that funny?

Many beautiful things transpired yesterday. I have heard this bird, making this racket for weeks!! I couldn't place what it could be, I couldn't even imagine this bird! I was just about to get into the car, and I heard it above my head in the pear tree, I said, out loud, I just wish you would show me what you are!!!! It was 4 crows. Yep. 4. For those of you, who don't know, I rightly believe God has sent me signs through birds in the past. And this event, was not any different.

I was able to see Angie, Steve, and Abby for a while, right after the Crow sighting! :) I was able to hug each one!!! I love them!!! It felt like Home to me. Mama and Daddy got to see them, and it tickled them to pieces. My Mama, of course, wanted to just hold Abby, but she was sleepy, and it made Mama feel good, just to give Abby that cup of milk..... Thank you, Angie, for being so gracious yesterday. (I am on my way across this mountain, that damns us to be separated.) Daddy said that Abby was so precious, and started talking about Rachel and I we were girls, and it made me weepy..... It was fabulous to have your family over, even if it were for just a few minutes.


Terry and I had adventures last night, which, I have to tell the amazing high-heel story. These shoes which I found at the Target out West, did not have my size. They were $8. And, I loved them. This was a couple of weeks back, so, I tried to look for them online. How much? $29! Online. Bullshit. I wont fall for that trap, Mr.Target. Terry and I ran to Knoxville, took a picture of the Paw Paw Holler Church sign,(pic, soon to come.) went right to Target East, found my shoes, in my size, the only pair, as if waiting for me to scoop them up, and for me to parade around in. Yep. Parade around in. They may be the sexiest things I have ever bought. For $8. We had sushi and sake! Let me rephrase, I gorged on sushi, drank my sake, and then finished Terry's. It was beautiful. It was totally satisfying. Wow. What a word. Satisfy. I may elaborate..... shortly. Of course we went to McKay's, and I bought 4 books. Yes, more books, to read, more to add to the stack, on kitchen table. I like it though. (My own Private Idaho.)



I slept like a lamb.... I did dream. And it was a satisfying dream, if there were ever one to exist. This dream was not induced by Jack Daniels, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, or even the Sake I drank last night. Don't look at me like that.All blinky. Blink, blink.
I do, have vice's that are self destructive. And I love them, which is why I cant have them all the time.......Listen, I'll be honest. I like to alter my reality. Which is why I adore dreams, and of course, writing. We can be anything, love anyone, satisfy(there it is again), those weak, fleshy desires, we harbor. My dream consisted of 2 people. I couldn't believe it either who I saw in my dream. It was magic..... This person and I leaned into each other, as if we were drawn together as if we were marionettes, puppet master smiling, it was sweet and innocent....
Our faces were inches away from each other, and looking dead set into each others eyes.
We kissed, very softly. Not a lot of tongue, but maybe not any, it was a dream, pure and simple.
But it was our reality for a fleeting moment. Very HOT!

My morning started at 6 A.M. Work! Athen and I wrangled biting dogs, crazy Somalian cats who are diabetic..... that needed insulin shots. Oh, the calamity. It was a breeze. I smile as I type that.

This is from The Book of Uncommon Prayer.........

Growth

David took out the giant.
Give me room to grow.
Isaac was given a second chance.
Give me the room to grow.
Joseph survived the well.
Give me the room to grow.
Samuel heard his name being called in the night.
Give me the room to grow.
Mary accepted the labor.
Give me room to grow.
Jesus endure the cross.
Give me the room to grow.
The world wants us to stay down.
Give me room to grow.
We are sheltered from the things it thinks will harm us.
Give me room to grow.
We want to make our own mistakes.
Give me room to grow.
We want to live with the mistakes we make.
Give me room to grow.
We are held back.
Give me room to grow.
We stand on the beach and look at the horizon.
Give me room to grow.
We stand on the roof and look at the stars.
Give me room to grow.
God will not leave us.
Give me room to grow.
God is not the destination.
Give me room to grow.
God is already with us on the way.
Give me room to grow.
If we listen with our ears and see with our eyes.
Give me room to grow.
And open our minds.
Give me room to grow.
We will hear God.
Give me room to grow.
God will give us the room.
Give me room to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment